About this Blog

Inspired by the documentary "Beer Wars" I have taken on the daunting task of profiling a different beer every day in the month of November. The idea is to shine a light on some of the fabulous beers that don't have huge advertising budgets and don't command shelf space in the local super markets. These are the beers that you will find in the local taverns served by people who know and love beer.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5 "Snow Cap" from Pyramid Breweries

Extracurricular activities brought me Sacramento's location of Pyramid Breweries today.  With winter fast approaching Pyramid's "Snow Cap" caught my eye.  The beer's label features a skier and reminded me how I was limitted to only for ski days durring one of the best ski seasons in recent history .  I do plan to get my revenge on both the fluffy white powder and gravity that served me up a broken collar bone this year by making full use of my season pass at Squaw Valley

Snow Cap is a full bodied winter ale with an ABV of 7.0 an OG of 17.3 and and IBU of 47.  Brewed with 2-Row Barley, Caramel 80L, Chocolate Malt and hopped with Nugget, Willamette, East Kent Goldings Snow cap is available from October-December.

Pairing include: Shellfish, rich game and even rich chocolaty desserts.

You can find Snow Cap here.  But please wait until you are done skiing so you don't end up in the ER with a broken clavicle like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment