About this Blog

Inspired by the documentary "Beer Wars" I have taken on the daunting task of profiling a different beer every day in the month of November. The idea is to shine a light on some of the fabulous beers that don't have huge advertising budgets and don't command shelf space in the local super markets. These are the beers that you will find in the local taverns served by people who know and love beer.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 18 "India Pale Ale" From Brew It Up

Back on Day 7 of the blog I mentioned "Bollting Day" at Brew It Up in Downtown Sacramento.  Although we enjoyed our beer on bottling day we weren't quite satisfied with it after it had been in bottles for a few days.  It was carbonated but just barely.  Luckily Brew It Up offers a 100% garauntee on your personal brewing and they were willing to refund our money or switch out the beer.  Of course I choose to switch out the beer and I now have four cases of several varieties.  Just in time for my lovely Wife's Birthday party.

While there I figured I should grab a beer so I ordered the India Pale Ale (commonly know as the IPA).  After profiling much sweeter and maltier beers for the past few days I wanted something with a much higher IBU.  This IPA hit the mark and quenched my desire for a big, full and hoppy beer.  Pair this with the beer cheese soup the next time you visit Brew It Up.  We will be back to Brew It Up to bottle our Hallertauer in early December.

No comments:

Post a Comment