About this Blog

Inspired by the documentary "Beer Wars" I have taken on the daunting task of profiling a different beer every day in the month of November. The idea is to shine a light on some of the fabulous beers that don't have huge advertising budgets and don't command shelf space in the local super markets. These are the beers that you will find in the local taverns served by people who know and love beer.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ACME IPA at the Heyday Cafe in Placerville

While visiting family in Fort Bragg last week I had the chance to grab lunch at the North Coast Brewery.  Unfortunately I had a 4 hour drive ahead of me so I stuck to the food and skipped the beer.  Not an easy feat for someone who loves to try out new beers.   As luck would have it I popped into the Heyday Café on Main ST. in Placerville yesterday to find that they were pouring ACME IPA.  I took this chance to redeem myself from last week’s bout of abstinence. 
In North Coast’s words: “Acme IPA is profoundly hoppy, finished with over a pound of fresh whole hops per barrel. The result of this generous hopping is a beer that is deliciously dry, and eminently drinkable in spite of its apparent strength.”  In my words this is a smooth and refreshing beer with a bit of a bite and a mellow finish.  It paired perfectly with my Mediterranean veggie wrap and roasted red pepper soup.
The Acme Beer Brand has a long and entertaining history.  I suggest you visit the online museum for more info; ACME Beer Museum 
If you have the chance I highly recommend trying out both the Heyday Café and Acme IPA.
Vitals:
Style: India Pale Ale
Color: Pale Amber
ABV: 6.9%
Bitterness: 55 IBUs



Heyday

No comments:

Post a Comment